The ultimate goal of ASTARTE is to reach a higher level of tsunami resilience in the NEAM (North East Atlantic & Mediterranean) region, to improve preparedness of coastal populations, and, ultimately, to save lives and assets.
The main objectives are:
- Assessing long term recurrence of tsunamis
- Improving the identification of tsunami generation mechanisms
- Developing new cost-effective computational tools for hazard assessment
- Ameliorate the understanding of tsunami interactions with coastal structures
- Enhance tsunami detection capabilities, forecast and early warning skills in the NEAM region
- Establishing new approaches to quantify vulnerability and risk and to identify the key components of tsunami resilience and their implementation in the NEAM region